Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

 Today I woke up and got to do my very favorite Thanksgiving tradition: watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Mr Duffy was fine with me dressing him like a turkey.

 I was excited to see the Olaf balloon.

 But I was most looking forward to the float I like seeing every year - the Build-A-Bear Workshop float!

 I was amused by the dancing hearts.

 I wonder of they would ever invite me to ride on their float. I am an official BABW bear, and I am constantly promoting their clothes and accessories. Maybe one day I will be famous enough. And then I would be in New York City at Christmas time and I think that would be miraculous and wonderful.


 This was the coldest parade on record. How could these bears be surfing in such a low temperature?



 I guess with all of that fur, they don't get cold. Bears do live in snowy environments, but spend much of that time hibernating in caves and staying warm. So I don't know. These are just cool surfer bears.




 I wore my pilgrim outfit, but had thought about dressing like a scarecrow. I think we looked cuter this way.

 Thanksgiving dinner was good. I ate turkey, and tried real cranberry sauce which I thought was so delicious! Although I still like the can-shaped jelly.




Mr Duffy and I had a lovely Thanksgiving. I wish I could have eaten more of the fantastic potatoes that were served. They weren't mashed, but rather, twice baked. A nice twist on tradition, and super satisfying. Now I want potatoes!

No comments: