Sunday, November 4, 2018

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

 Did you think I was already going to start posting about Christmas? You wouldn't be too far off, I do love Christmas and I get started right after the last trick-or-treater leaves my porch.

 But this isn't about Christmas. It is about National Candy Day. Yes, it is really a thing. And you know me and how much I LOVE my sweets!
 This holiday comes just after Halloween, so I always have plenty of candy on hand for celebrating.

 Did you know: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of the most popular candies sold in the US? Chocolate and peanut butter is a delicious combination.

 The other top selling candy in the US is M&Ms chocolate candies. I like that they have special holiday colors for the different days. Red and green for Christmas, red, white, and blue for 4th of July, pink and purple for Easter, and more!

 I am under a blanket of treats.


 I had this gigantic kiss. I don't know if you can tell from it sitting in my paw, but it is a lot bigger than the regular size! It's great to give someone you REALLY love!

 Tootsie Rolls are a favorite of mine, I like how they are chewy. And then they get nice and soft if you clench them in your paw for several seconds.

 Do you like candy corn? It seems like half the people I know love it, and the other half hate it.
I didn't want to stay at home on this holiday, and I figured a great way to celebrate was to go to a candy store. So I went to Lolli and Pops which is a classic candy store. It is a high end store, so I am conservative with my purchases. But  I do treat myself when I am there!

 They have endless bins of gummies and other candies.

 And also the biggest assortment of PEZ I have ever seen.

 There are also dozens of bins of sour candies. I like the ones that are a combination of sweet and sour.



 There are also a lot of chocolates in the bins, too. I like the chocolate covered cherries, and things like turtles and toffees.

 I won't buy classic movie theater candy here because it is very pricey, and available everywhere.



This huge bear sits on top of the gummy bear bins.

At the end, I bought under a pound of loose candies, most of which were sour. I took my candy with me to see Bohemian Rhapsody, which is a fantastic film that I loved. Go see it!

No comments: