Monday, November 19, 2018

Flying South for the Winter

 Yes, we were flying south. But not for the winter. Just for Thanksgiving week. This was Mr Duffy's first airplane ride.

 We got to the airport and had enough time to get dinner before we had to board the plane.

 We went to a sushi bar.


 Mr Duffy and I shared a sushi roll that had crab inside and had tempura bits, too.


 We also shared a big bowl of vegetable udon which was very soothing.


 After our dinner, we headed to our gate.

 I told Mr Duffy about needing a boarding pass.





 Our plane arrived at the gate and we boarded. I told Mr Duffy to look out the window. It was night time so the dark made it hard to see much.

 Once we got in the air and the pilot said it was safe, I took down my tray and colored to pass the time.

 When it was time to order beverages, we chose Diet Dr Pepper.

 Mr Duffy liked that we got to choose from a variety of sodas.

 I like chewing on the ice, and it helps keep my ears from feeling full while we are in a high elevation.

 The flight attendants gave out pretzels. I told Mr Duffy how I like to put them on my face. He tried it, too.


 I think maybe he was pretending to be a reindeer here.


 We landed in San Diego and went to collect our luggage.

 They had a beautiful tree near the baggage carousel.



This sign was hanging at the airport. Good message.

 Pretty wreath with lights!

 And a signature palm tree that is the symbol of Southern California.

We got our ride and went to our room to settle in. It was late and we had a busy week planned!

No comments: