Thursday, May 22, 2008

First Date

I went on my first date with James. We went to Starbucks for coffee. It didn't feel like a real date, more like an audition for a real date. We talked about books, movies, music, and hobbies. It turns out we have very similar tastes in those things. He prefers the film version and I prefer the book version of stories. He has seen the Harry Potter movies but not read any of the books. I have a lot of work ahead of me there. He has six months to read six books, I think he can manage.


James seems to have a severe honey addiction. He put it in his hot chocolate. Now I can't judge because I have never tried that, but it doesn't sound too appealing. I should get him to try agave nectar.

We hit it off quite nicely. It was good to have that one-on-one time to get to know each other a bit better without the distractions from a party. We made another date for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it. The heatwave is over but now it is very windy. I hope the wind settles down because we will be outdoors.

No comments: