Monday, March 3, 2008

California Welcome Center

As I was driving north, I saw a sign for the California Welcome Center in Santa Rosa. I had some spare time and since I had never been in a CWC, I thought it would be fun to see what the Welcome Center is.

I was quite surprised. It wasn't just an information booth as I had thought. There were endless amounts of maps, travel books, and pamphlets on local and statewide attractions. I had such a great time browsing all the literature, making plans in my head to visit a new city and have a new experience.

There were also souvenirs available for purchase. Other than the traditional souvenirs of postcards, magnets, and pins, there were shirts, pens, posters, games and more. Of course I had to pick up goodies with the state flag on them.


I have looked up other locations for Welcome Centers and will be sure to visit them on future excursions.

No comments: