Saturday, September 28, 2019

The Americana at Glendale

 The day may have seemed gloomy to many people, but it was my favorite. Well, not exactly. I love the darkness and the rain, but it was too warm. So while I enjoyed the rainfall and clouds, I would have liked it to be at least ten degrees cooler.


 I started the day having some dim sum, which was fabulous. I was good and stuffed, so it was time for a walk to help digestion.

 At this shopping centre, they have a Barnes & Noble that has three floors. The cafe is on the top floor, so that is where I landed. This is also where they have their toys, and the children's books. I had a pumpkin spice latte and browsed. The thing that most amused me about this location is they have shopping carts. That is the dream: shopping carts in a bookstore! They even had cup holders for coffee!!!


 This is a beautiful place, and I imagined how amazing it probably looks decorated for Christmas. And I love water features, so I spent a bit of time watching the water.



 The Americana is right across the street from the Glendale Galleria, which is home to the very first ever Disney Store. I went in, and it was redone in the modern version. I have heard about how they used to be mint green and pink, and the Cast Members were dressed more like Mouseketeers.

I wanted to go to Build-A-Bear, and found that it was just a kiosk in the center. They have a very small selection of plush and clothes. I just glanced at the stuff and didn't buy anything. I suppose I could have stamped my passport, so next time I am in the LA area, I will plan to do that.

This was a great morning/early afternoon, and a nice place for shopping and browsing. I hope to check it out during the holidays to see if it is pretty as I am imagining.

No comments: