Saturday, September 21, 2019

Pier 39

 I felt like getting out for some fresh air and sight seeing, and I decided on San Francisco. There is a Build-A-Bear store that I wanted to go to so I could pick up San Francisco and California clothes.

 The day was hot and clear which is uncharacteristic for San Francisco. I was with a native San Franciscan who said this was out of the ordinary.

 It was so clear that you could see the SF-Oakland Bay Bridge in the distance.

 I liked this art installation which was not there last time I was in the Embarcadero.

 Traffic crawled along, but we eventually made it.


 Welcome to Pier 39!


 Here are the famous sea lions who lounge on the docks, entertaining viewers from all over the world.

Do you know the difference between seals and sea lions?


 Upstairs at the pier, they have a sea lion observation room with information, statues, pelts, and other educational items.


 After the walking around, I wanted lunch. Since I had been to Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in Universal Studios and Monterey, I knew I would like the food here.


 I have been lucky to sit next to the window every time I have been in a seaside restaurant. I got to sit in the window here, too.

 We had an order of mozarella sticks for an appetizer. They were quite tasty.


My main course was the surf and turf plate. The mashed potatoes were creamy and had the right amount of flavor. And the shrimp was buttery, but not saturated to the point of being nauseated like at that lobster chain.

After lunch, I went to the candy store and then to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. I bought a lot of great clothes, but I forgot to stamp my passport! I will visit again soon so I can get the stamp.

I had a lovely day.

No comments: