Saturday, April 20, 2019

Shining, Shimmering, Splendid




I enjoy watching live musicals. I was lucky enough to get tickets from a great person. We went to see Aladdin in San Jose.



We sat up in the balcony. The curtain they had was fancy. No photos were allowed at any point during the performance. So you just have to take my word for how visually stunning it was.






I got a program and read some of the bios of the performers.

 I got this lamp and I gave it a rub.


And one more rub. Was it a magic lamp?

Well look what is coming out of the lamp!!! It is the Genie!!!

He is a very friendly Genie. All I asked from him is that I enjoy the show. And I did!

The music was fun and the dancing was great. They included the songs from the animated movie and added some new ones. My favorite scene from the show was the performance of Friend Like Me. There were several costume changes, big tricks, lots of glitter, and over-the-top performing.

I also liked when Aladdin and Jasmine performed A Whole New World. I feel the singing of that song could have been better, but since it was their last night, I wonder if the performers were a bit tired.

Overall, the show was fabulous and I really liked it. It definitely made me excited for the new movie coming out in May. I had a great time and I can't wait to see more live theater.












No comments: