Sunday, November 13, 2016

Scrapbook U!

This was one of my favorite events of the year. Scrapbooking in Carmel! I started my weekend by checking in on Thursday. I was greeted with a cheese and cracker platter. Some of my favorite foods!

 The pepperjack cheese wasn't too spicy, and I liked the brie. The sourdough was also tangy. Yum!

 I got to work on my album. I did some pages of when Mr Duffy and I went to San Jose Pride. I love the rainbow paper and washi tape.


 The best thing about having the crop at the Carmel Mission Inn is that there is a Starbucks right across the street! While I am there, I go at least once a day. Ah, if only I had a Starbucks across the street from my home. I would probably get into a bit of trouble!

 They do feed us well at these events. They did a fresh fruit plate and I made sure to get myself some pineapple.





 On Saturday night, they passed out small cupcakes. They had chocolate, red velvet, and lemonade. I went with the red velvet as I had never tasted it before. It was pretty good.


 On Sunday morning, I took a walk around the hotel property and went to the Barnyard, the shopping and restaurant center adjacent to the hotel. It is still fairly empty with many abandoned businesses. They really need to get things going to bring it back to life.




 They started decorating for Christmas! Yay!!!


 I always stop in the chocolate shop to say hi to my bear friend who works there.


 This is one of the little water fountains they have there. This would be a nice place to read.


The weekend was lovely if a bit quiet. I got a lot of scrapbooking done and enjoyed a lot of good food. I will definitely be going to more of these scrapbooking weekends again.

No comments: