Tuesday, July 17, 2018

LEGOLAND, Part Five

 After my visit to the Star Wars area, it was time for a break, which almost always means coffee. I had a tasty blended mocha.

 They had a small pirates area. It was attached to a water park, but it was too cold to visit on this day.



 This area is a place you can get soaked. Maybe next time, if it is a hot day!




 These headstones had some funny puns on them.


 I don't want to know the fate of these convicts.








 I love castles!


 Cute piggy.

 I met this sweet bear...

 Who was accompanied by an equally sweet (and handsome) human!

 I was getting a bit hungry after all of the walking, so I grabbed a kid's meal. I like the bag it came in.




 I know it seems like I ate a bunch, but there was a lot of walking between meals. It gave me a rumbly in my tumbly. This shrimp pasta was delicious, and the soda hit the spot.















 Cute kitty.

 I love these flowers.

After exploring the LEGO Friends area, I went on the Fairy Tale Brook ride.

 It is a boat ride that sails past vignettes of classic fairy tales.




 Little Red Riding Hood.


 The Three Little Pigs and their houses.



 The Big Bad Wolf.

 Hansel and Gretel.










 Cinderella with her Fairy Godmother.


 And there she is, ready for the ball.

 And now we pass Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.







 Is that Mother Goose?

 Jack climbing the beanstalk.





 Ooh, we get to sail through a tunnel!






 I love this stack of books. One day if I live in a big house, I would love a giant statue like this.



 After the ride, I found a dinosaur play area.

 And almost got swallowed by a lion!

The last thing I saw before leaving the park at closing was this sleeping fisherman. I was as exhausted as he was and I fell asleep in the car.

LEGOLAND is a fun place for people of all ages. If you are a kid at heart, or have kids, or are a kid, give this place a try if you are in Carlsbad. It will make you want to pull out all of your LEGO sets and play.

They have a couple of gift shops, of course, and they sell a lot of LEGO sets and merchandise. I stopped in the main one when the park was closing. I was in line to make a purchase, and this very funny gentleman told a raunchy joke. It made his mother walk away and his girlfriend was laughing hysterically. It was so funny to see. I was happy that people were having so much fun.

No comments: