Saturday, August 1, 2015

Disneyland Day 3

I started this day off like all others: at Starbucks.

I had a caramel macchiato and a soft Mickey sugar cookie that has a fruit center.

This Starbucks is in the Market House on Main Street and it is themed like a book shop. Hidden Disney!

Our first ride of the day was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

This ride was updated a couple of years ago.

After the ride, we walked around Frontierland and Adventureland.

We went in to see the singing birds in the Enchanted Tiki Room. I took a moment to take in the scenery outside.

I wanted to take some photos of the bronze statues at the end of Main Street.






The PARTNERS statue. Walt and Mickey




We went for a ride down Main Street on the horse drawn streetcar. The Dapper Dans hopped on and sang as we rode. That is the very most Disneyland experience to have.

This was the horse that pulled our trolley.

It was time to head to DCA because we had special plans that afternoon.

This fancy car is parked outside of Oswald's gift shop.


And here is another great statue.

We stopped in A Bug's Land to buy some frozen apple juice. Flik was there. I asked him if we could pose for a picture and he gladly held me.

Our planned event of the day was lunch at Ariel's Grotto. Ariel is there to greet guests as they enter the restaurant. She happily posed with me. Hm...

There were three or four choices for lunch and they came with soup or salad, bread, and dessert.

They brought this basket of bread to our table. It was pretty tasty.

I ordered this cocktail.

It had a glowing ice cube which changed colors. Very pretty!

I was sitting in my chair and Rapunzel stopped by to chat. This restaurant is special because you get to meet five princesses!

Next, Belle came by. I did see her the day before, but this time I was wearing a Belle dress. She loved that!

This was my first time meeting Mulan. She was really sweet and was happy to pose with me. Cinderella was also there but I had met her the day before so I didn't ask for a photo.

Dessert was creme brulee, a smore bar, and a chocolate dipped strawberry. Very fancy!

Not only did Mr. Duffy not share his dessert with me, he ate half of my creme brulee!

After lunch I was good and stuffed, so I just took things a bit slowly.

This is inside of the gift shop across from Ariel's Grotto. Chris saw some new outfits that he wanted. I wouldn't buy him anything, I was still annoyed with him for eating half of my dessert.

Enjoying the scenery at the Pacific Wharf area


Pretty waterfall at Grizzly Peak


Fountain at the end of Buena Vista Street
And that ends day three.

No comments: