Monday, September 1, 2014

Walt Disney Family Museum

I like to support museums and the arts and educational programs. One way I do that is by buying memberships to museums. Many of them are part of a reciprocal program and I can use my membership to get free or greatly reduced passes into other museums. Since I am a huge Disney fan, and I live in the Bay Area, it is automatic for me to become a member of the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.






The museum is in the Presidio which is a very beautiful part of San Francisco. It's close to the Golden Gate Bridge and there are a lot of great photo spots.

There was a Mary Blair exhibit, showing not only her art work for Disney, but some of her other published works.









Mary Blair designed this mural for the it's a small world attraction at Disneyland.

This is a replica of Walt's apartment at Disneyland.

Walt really wanted to support the military during the war but he was too young to fight. He drove the ambulance to assist wounded soldiers.



There is a long hallway connecting two areas of the museum, and one side is all windows where you can see the Golden Gate Bridge.


This is an Autopia car on display.

The Disneyland model is a sight to behold.

In the Disneyland exhibit is a wall of televisions showing some of the Disney programs from the 1950's.

No comments: