Thursday, November 13, 2014

Disneyland Marvel runDisney - Day 1

This was my first time staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I had stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel and the Grand Californian so I wanted to stay at the last on property hotel on my list. I stayed in the Frontier Tower. This is the waterfall and pond that is just outside of the tower.
As it was check-in day and I didn't have a pass to either park, I decided to take some time to wander around Downtown Disney. It was decorated for Christmas and I was so excited. Christmas is my favorite time of year. This tree was the centerpiece for Olaf's Ice Rink, where people could ice skate outdoors.

I had a vegetarian burrito for lunch at Tortilla Joe's. Their burritos are delicious, and seating is outside and you can watch the people walk by. This is at the walk-up, counter service. I believe there is also an attached seating restaurant with a full menu. But when I am in Downtown Disney, my mind is on shopping and I don't want to spend my time waiting for a table and waiting for service. So the fast food style is perfect for me.

I am happy that so many people have Frozen Fever. They took the Disney 365 store and turned it into Anna and Elsa's Boutique. Inside they have so many different Frozen items like shirts, costumes, ears, jewelery, ornaments, dolls, toys, and other clothing items. This Olaf is in the store and I just had to pose with him.

I could spend hours in the World of Disney. It is gigantic, about the size of a department store and just about anything you can think of, they sell. I could spend a whole hour in the toy section alone! If you want it, they probably have it. I do a lot of shopping here. I was able to pick up a few jigsaw puzzles and some small figure sets.

There are a lot of fun stores in Downtown Disney. One of them is the Lego store. They have just about every set that is currently available. They also have stations where people can sit and build things. I just like to sit on the bricks and admire the colors.

If I had an available wall, and a million Lego bricks, I would copy this look and put one in my house. I love storage and organization and I really like sorting by color. That's why I like candy stores a lot, too.

After all of that walking it was time to eat dinner. I went to the Rainforest Cafe. I had a delicious strawberry spirit. It was yummy!

I think I might have had just enough to drink because I put this frog on my head. I enjoy the atmosphere of the Rainforest Cafe. My dinner was big and I had a long day of driving and walking. I had to be awake and energized the next day so it was time for me to go to my room and sleep.

No comments: