Monday, March 31, 2014

Califia Jones and the Last Crusade

I went to a special screening of 'Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark' at a closing theater. Indiana Jones is one of my favorite franchises, and many of my friends planned to go to the movie. It was a much bigger deal than I thought. Many of the humans were dressed up like Indiana Jones, and there were other lovies, too. There was an Indiana Jones Mickey Mouse! There were people there asking if anyone had an extra ticket to sell because it was sold out. All the local news channels were there. This theater was a landmark; unfortunately, it wasn't registered. All of the Star Wars movies showed there, and I was hoping to see Episode VII there. That area is already overrun with shops and restaurants, but the developers believe the city needs more jeans stores and coffee shops. And the worst part? There was a bookstore in the complex across the street and its lease was not renewed. I think it very unlikely that a new bookstore will go in. That is sad commentary in and of itself.

No comments: