Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snow!

You might not think it's a big deal to get excited about snow. But this was the very first time in my life that I had ever seen it in person. (Bear-son?) I have seen it on mountain tops from many miles away. But I was able to actually walk in it and form a snowball! Mind, it was in the mid 60's and I was in short sleeves, so nowhere near winter weather. It was melting, parts of the park were rushes of melting snow. But I did find enough parts where I could actually touch it, walk across it, and just admire it. This was at Calaveras Big Trees Park. They had some animals on display that at first I thought were real. They had been at once, which is why I thought they were real. The name of this park is fitting because many of the trees are, in fact, big.
One of these days I hope to actually be in real snow, when snow is falling, and the temperature is freezing, and people are sledding, and it is a winter wonderland. Until then, I will have the memory of just seeing and touching it when it's been sitting on the ground.

No comments: