Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hibernating Early

The rain has started and what a better way to spend a stormy afternoon than sitting in a comfy chair with a good book. Reading is one of the most important parts of my day. I read fiction every day and occasionally throw in some nonfiction. I do enjoy just about every genre. Romance, fantasy, mystery, adventure, teen, and much more.


I say any weather is perfect for reading. When there is a scorching heatwave, stretch out inside with a glass of iced tea and put on the air conditioning. In the spring when it warms up, put a blanket outside and bask in the longer days and smell the perfumes radiating from the blossoming flowers. In the fall sit on the front porch with a blanket and a warm espresso drink. And in the winter, cuddle in cozy pajamas, grab a blanket and read til the reindeer come home.


My mystery shelf has been growing rapidly over the last few weeks. It's all because of Harry Potter. "Bear" with me. It is because of Harry Potter that I read Twilight what with Robert Pattinson playing Edward in the movie. The vampire series was so great I read Dead After Dark by Charlaine Harris, which lead to her Aurora Teagarden mystery series. It all comes back to Harry Potter. What is so fun about the mysteries I have been reading is all of my hobbies are represented in different series. There is a scrapbooking series by Laura Childs, a coffee series by Cleo Coyle, a bookstore series by Alice Kimberly, and a teddy bear series by John J Lamb. There are others as well such as holidays, food, candy, and rubber stamping. I better step away from the computer, I have a lot to read.

No comments: