Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wrapping Up Vacation

On Saturday I did some last minute shopping in Downtown Disney. I stopped in Build-A-Bear to make sure I didn't miss out on any Disney outfits. I also went into the World of Disney to find any postcards I didn't pick up earlier in the week.


I went to Compass Books for an iced caramel macchiato to pump myself with caffeine so I would be alert for the drive. It's about a 250 mile drive to San Luis Obispo.

Solvang is a place I have always wanted to visit but never got the chance. Since I was driving in that direction I decided to stop and look around. I saw the basic stuff like a couple of windmills and a few cute buildings. It would probably take a whole day to really explore the town and I will probably get back there again one day to visit.


I saw a number of bakeries in the town and wondered if any sold danish. I wondered if there was a candy store in town but didn't look for one.

Solvang is very proud of Hans Christian Andersen and they have a memorial to him in the park.

This is a very cute town and worth a visit.

No comments: