Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hooray for Hollywood!

I have been wanting to tour the Walk of Fame for quite a while and I was able to do so this trip. I started at Hollywood and Highland, the most famous section of Hollywood. In the Highland Center is a Build-A-Bear Workshop. I had to stop in and add to my wardrobe.




On the Walk of Fame I did see a lot of names I recognized and whose work I admire.


I did take many more photos but this is just a small sampling.


I couldn't get Elvis to sing the Teddy Bear song to me. That's probably due to his being made of resin. A lot of shops and restaurants have kitschy statues and memorabilia, no doubt trying to lure in unsuspecting tourists.

Next to the El Capitan Theatre is a Disney soda shop and a studio store. I didn't know such a place existed! I would have loved a Disney ice cream sundae but the line was so long, it would have taken less time for me to drive to Disneyland and buy an ice cream there. And that's precisely what I did. (The next day, anyway.)

There was a lot I didn't see and would love to visit the museums and other attractions. I also want to go to the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel which supposedly houses the ghosts of Marilyn Monroe and Montgomery Clift.

No comments: