Monday, July 7, 2008

Disneyland Day 1

Norrington met me in Disneyland for a couple of days. The first day I was surprised by the lack of crowds. I thought maybe most people left by then since the holiday weekend was over. The crowds did pick up as the day progressed so maybe most people were sleepin in. It still was not as packed as I have seen on some previous visits.


We spent a lot of the morning in Fantasyland. I enjoy the calliope music on King Arthur's Carousel and Alice In Wonderland is one of my favorite rides.


The weather was perfect. It was low 70's in the mornings and evenings and low 80's during the day. It still felt nice to get in the air conditioned shops, but it wasn't so hot that it was un-bear-able.


I love all the scenery in Disneyland. It is my very favorite place in all the world to photograph. And not only the big landmarks like Thunder Mountain, but all the obscure overlooked things as well.


We took an afternoon break then went into California Adventure for the evening. We ate dinner at Boudins, my favorite place for sourdough bread.


Paradise Pier is beautiful, and especially lovely at night. We were dressed for the new Toy Story ride, but when we went to check out the line, it was already closed due to all the people waiting to ride. We'll have to wait until the next trip to give a review.


We did get on the Monsters, Inc ride. Like some of the other DCA rides, this one has a coordinating scent to enhance the ride.


When I got back to my room I munched on a Mickey Mouse cupcake. Then it was time to rest to start all over again the next day.

No comments: