Monday, January 28, 2008

Browsing Through Books

I love bookstores. I could probably live in one so long as it had a cafe. Luckily, most of them do. Big stores like Barnes & Noble and Borders allow guests to sit for hours reading anything they find in the store. But really, is it acceptable to fall asleep in the chairs? I know they are cozy, but sheesh! Do I really want to hear you snore while I am trying to shop? But I digress...


"Local Interest" is my favorite section to browse. Tonight I started mapping out my trip I want to take to the Imperial Valley.


There are so many tour guides and travel books about all the different regions of the state, but very few mention Felicity, the Official Center of the World. You would think having such a significant meaning the town would receive more mention.


Over 1,100 miles to get from home, to Yucca Valley, to Felicity, the Salton sea, and El Centro. I wonder how good GPS reception is in BFE CA.


After reading through all those travel guides, it was nice to sit down to look through some fiction: Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson. I sure do like that main character. And after all that, I ended up buying a large book on making beaded jewelry. It's like all the aspects of my life weave together like an episode of Seinfeld.

No comments: