Wednesday, February 26, 2020

I Have Found It!



 Our next stop was at the Chimney Tree which is part of the Avenue of the Giants.



 It is a hollowed out tree trunk that someone turned into an apartment. No one is living there now, unless a raccoon or a squirrel takes a nap in it.

 I went inside and couldn't see much. I might have disrupted the sleep of a nocturnal animal!


 This cat was hanging out on the property.


The cafe was closed, but it is winter and there were very few cars on the road. Maybe one day, I will get to try one of these roadside eateries.

 We finally made it to Eureka. That is the California state motto, and it means "I have found it!"

We stayed in a really nice hotel, they had a red carpet leading to the lobby and a limo parked out front to take guests to local restaurants. How fancy!


 There was the usual big flat screen television.

 And very important to me when I am traveling, a refrigerator and microwave.



The bathroom was nice, though the shower was a bit small.





Rather than take advantage of the limo this night, we ordered in. I wanted anything vegetarian, so we felt Indian would be a good choice. We did order the naan, we had two flavors: original and garlic.

The food was okay, not the greatest, but it fed us. We were winding down from a long drive, so it was time for bed.


No comments: