Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Visit to Spina Farms

 Today we were going to visit a pumpkin patch.

 We stopped at Starbucks to get a pumpkin spice latte.

 We went to Spina Farms, where I went last year.

 Since it was Halloween, the park was very quiet. In a way, that was good because we had most of the place to ourselves.

 The downside is many of the pumpkins were picked over, and some of the attractions were closed.

 They had this couch made out of hay. It is fun for a photo but I wouldn't nap on it.

 This is one gigantic chair. I bet a whole human family could fit on it!

 Ah, nice view.

 I am always curious as to which pumpkins are edible. Are all of them? Are some just for decoration?




 I love seeing these giant pumpkins and other cutouts.

 I told Mr Duffy to sit by the Knuckle Head sign. He can be goofy sometimes.

 This is a pumpkin in its early stage. It is green! At first glance, it looks like a watermelon.

 You can see how it starts to slowly turn yellow.

 Eventually, the pumpkin will become orange when it is ready.

 Good thing I am not a crow!

 One nice thing about this particular farm is they have several educational signs about pumpkins.

 Along with pumpkins, they also grow marigolds and corn. It is very harvesty!



 Okay, so now to really look at pumpkins to find a good one.

 Who are those critters peering behind those pumpkins?



 This is a nice pyramid, unfortunately not as impressive as the one at the bigger park down south.

 Still 18 inches tall!

 I'm the king of the gourd!


I found the perfect teddy-sized pumpkin.

We paid for our pumpkins and headed home. We had to get dressed in our costumes and get ready for all the candy eating!

No comments: