Monday, September 30, 2019

San Diego Botanic Garden, Part Two

 I love the shades of pink to purple in this plant.


 These magenta leaves are pretty and they inspired me to want to color leaves like this in my books.


 These flowers remind me of the singing ones from Alice in Wonderland.



 There were turtles in the pond!


 This might look like a photo from the ground of trees with the sky above them. It is actually a photo of the pond, reflecting the trees.



 This is in a meditation corner.










 There is a fruit section with some I have never heard of. And it got me curious as to what they taste like, if they are even edible.





 I enjoy fruit trees. I used to have several trees in my backyard of my big house. But things like bats, woodpeckers, and a vindictive neighbor all killed them. Now that backyard looks sad and empty. There is a small Build-A-Bear guest house out there where some of my holiday friends live. At least they make the yard a more cheerful place.












 There are so many interesting fruits here.


 These are tiny bananas. They were smaller than my head!






 Tomatoes, yum!








 The succulent garden made me want to buy some and bring them home.


 This is a Gollum plant, named for the character from Lord of the Rings!


 They had a waterfall, I was at the top, then went down the hill to get a different view of it.



 There is a lookout structure you can climb, and look out over much of San Diego.

















I spent a few hours walking around, looking at the plants and taking in the nature. I love botanical gardens, and this is one of the best ones I have been in. There is also a lot of shade and many places to sit. So if you tire easily and like to stay out of the sun, this is a good place to visit.

No comments: