Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Rockefeller Center

 New York City shopping was the reason I packed an empty suitcase. Mr Duffy really wanted to see the Nintendo store, so that was our first stop.

 We looked at the pile of new friends we could make,but figured maybe we would bring one home in the future. I was hoping for a baby Toad, but I couldn't find one.

 We really liked this Donkey Kong, but didn't adopt him this time. We left  him behind to terrorize New Donk City.


 Now I really liked seeing this wedding plushie set of Mario and Princess Peach. Ir Mr Duffy ever asks me to marry him, I think this would be a great way to either celebrate our engagement, or just be a part of our wedding decor. But he has to ask me first. Yes, we are living in an era where we want to promote equality, and a woman can do anything a man can do. I support and believe that; however, I am all about tradition and stories and that is the picture I have always had in my head.

 Two characters significant in our lives are Mario and Luigi.

 I do love that Mr Duffy likes to pose for these fun and silly photos.





 One game we have been enjoying is a Pokemon game where we have been trying to collect a variety of characters. I do love our gaming time, it is a nice way for us to connect and bond.


 We found these matching Pikachu hats but didn't buy them this time.


 After we left Nintendo, we went to FAO Scwarz. One of the many great things about this place is all of the great plushie friends they have for us to meet.




 Inside of the store, they have a whole department that is all candy. So many sweet treats!

 Look at these huge gummy bears!

 And these candy necklaces are like candy seat belts.

 I am a huge nerd. I mean, this is a box of huge nerds.

 There were some classic candies in here, as well as some that are unique to FAO. Good stuff!



 Lollipops!

 We filled a bag of candy from the bins and picked some souvenirs for our friends at home.





 This is the well-known clock face that is a bit scary.



 After we shopped a lot at FAO where we bought candy and some new Build-A-Bear outfits, we went to the LEGO store. What we dodn't know was that while we were in the toy store, it started POURING down rain! It was storming.


We picked out a few LEGO sets and decided we didn't want to spend much more time in NYC. We had to back track to our hotel to pick up our bags, then grab yet another cab back to Penn Station to get back to Long Island. We gathered all of our purchases, hailed a cab, then made it to the train and back to the suburbs.

No comments: