Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Natural History Museum, Part Four

 Just like the San Diego Zoo, this place has so many birds.

 Birds here.


 A woodpecker.




 Oh, look. More birds!





 Pelicans near the water, possibly looking for fish.


 I think these are ducks.


 No more birds. Now we were in the Native Americans of New York area.




 There are displays of some of the clothing they had.




 This looks like a warm blanket to conserve body heat in the freezing New York temperatures.



 I liked seeing the pottery that was made.



 This bowl is gigantic.

 I liked seeing these little dioramas of life in the earlier days.




 I'd really like more time in this area so I can learn more about the people.


 Next we were in the Pacific area.




 These masks are interesting. I appreciate the detail and the time it must have taken to carve them all out.



 It would be nice if people nowadays would use unusable items to make decorations.





 The work in this octopus is so intricate.

 At the end of the exhibit is a gigantic replica of the moai statues on Easter Island.


Even after all of this stuff we had seen so far, there was still yet more to find.

No comments: