Saturday, August 3, 2019

Come and Meet Those Dancing Feet

 Today I went into NYC to watch The Prom on Broadway. I caught the Long Island Railroad to get there.


 It takes about an hour to get from the Hicksville and Huntington areas to Penn Station in New York City.

 Last time I went to NYC, the first thing I did at Penn Station was I got pizza. When in New York, that is the thing that you just have to do.

 Mr Duffy stayed behind because he didn't want to see the show. That was fine because I was going to see him later, and he was going to have a chance to see NYC later.

 The Prom was playing at the Longacre Theater. This was an odd one because they allowed food and drink, even outside stuff.

 This was such a great show, the music was brilliant, the story was engaging, and it was emotional all the way through. It's about a girl who wants to take her girlfriend to their prom, and some of the people on the PTA didn't like that. So they canceled the prom and the girls wanted to fight to get in reinstated.

 One block down from the theater is the giant M&Ms store. That was my first stop after the show ended.




 It was fun to look at how the store was decorated.


 They had some flavors I had never heard of before. Mexican jalapeno peanut was definitely one I didn't know existed.



 I am tiny compared to these chocolates.

 This is a teddy bear shaped container full of candy.

 If you look closely, you can see each M&M has I💓NY on it.



 There are some great props in this store.




 Look at all the colors!

 I wish they had this shirt in my size.

 Time's Square.




 I can't go all the way to Time's Square and not go into the Disney Store.



 This animator's doll is as big as a human!


 I didn't buy anything here because it was even more crowded than the actual stores inside Disneyland. I was hungry anyway and ready for dinner.

 I passed by this restaurant and looked at the menu. Everything sounded good so I gave it a try. Apparently, it is a famous restaurant because several people I know commented about it.



 I was seated after waiting about fifteen minutes and right away the waitress brought pickles and beets to the table. They were all drenched in vinegar and that tasted amazingly delicious. But I wanted to save room for my food so I only munched a little on that stuff.

 My human got this dish which I think was a beef stroganoff.

I got a steak with seasoned vegetables and onion rings that were BIGGER THAN MY HEAD!

Food was fabulous but alas, I was too stuffed to try their cheesecake. After dinner, I caught a cab to Penn Station and got on the Long Island Railroad back to the house and off to dreamland.

No comments: