Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Summer Disneyland Trip: Day One

 Mr Duffy joined me for some of my annual Disneyland summer vacation. He was very excited about the new Star Wars Land, Galaxy's Edge. We took lots of photos, but I didn't want to post them here in case you don't want to see spoilers. If you want to see a spoiler-full post about Galaxy's Edge, visit the link.
 We started our day exactly as we always do, in Starbucks. We shared an iced caramel macchiato, and these yummy Disney cookies.

 We first went on Star Tours, then we got passes for Indiana Jones. While we waited for our time, we went on Pirates of the Caribbean.


 We had a special teddy pass to get on the ride.

 This message is on an elevator door and I thought it was funny that they themed it like it is directly from an Indiana Jones story.

 While walking through New Orleans Square to get to Critter County, we saw these adorable ducklings.

 We went on the Winnie the Pooh ride, and as always I looked for Buff, Melvin, and Max.


 We stopped for some 'hunny' before going into the candy store.

 Lollipops, my favorite!

 These rainbow marshmallow krispy treats looked delicious.

 I will try one of everything.

 These cookies inspired me to decorate cookies at home the same way.

 I visited with an old friend.

 I quite enjoyed this shirt, but, alas, not available in teddy size.

 I liked all the food-themed merchandise they had for sale.


 We went to Galaxy's Edge after that and spent a lot of time looking around and having a drink in the cantina. Then we got hungry and decided the perfect place for us is the Hungry Bear Restaurant.
I had the fish sandwich that had a tasty kale and cabbage slaw, and I had french fries with it.

 We also got this funnel cake, but were too full to eat it. This always happens, the dessert looks so good but we get too stuffed to eat it.




One of the big attractions was Soarin' Over California. This was an original ride when California opened in 2001. A few years ago, they changed the theme to Soarin' Over the World. I was so sad to lose it. That very ride is the reason I am alive. Anyway, they brought the original back for summer and so many people were happy. I was so happy to hear the majestic chords and smell the oranges and see the Golden Gate Bridge. It made me cry happy tears.


 After being in California Adventure for a few hours, we were ready for dinner. While we waited, I had a glass of Prosecco. Good stuff.

 We ate at the Wine Country Trattoria. We got an appetizer of fried calamari and green beans.

 And I had - you guessed - pasta with seafood. It is really one of my favorite foods.


After a filling dinner, I went to my hotel to rest up since I would be going again the next day. Sweet Disney dreams!

No comments: