Friday, June 28, 2019

I'm a Jungle Explorer and a Pirate

 Today was our last day in Disneyland for this trip. We wanted to get in things we hadn't done yet in the trip. We started on the Jungle Cruise.

 I enjoy the serenity of this ride. I like floating along the river and being among the trees.

 Here is the elephant pool, they are enjoying the water. An interesting fact about elephants is they have a great memory. I wish I had that ability.


 And here is an elephant that is about to spray water out of its trunk. An interesting fact about elephants is they have a great memory. I wish I had that ability.

 After the jungle excursion, we got on the train at New Orleans Square.

 We were stopped for a minute so water could be added to the steam engine.




 We did one complete circuit and then got off the train for lunch.

 We went to Harbour Galley and I got the lobster roll.

 The sandwich was quite small so I also got some clam chowder. Delicious!


 I'm being photobombed by a Porg.

 While I was having lunch, the steamboat passed by.

 Next we went back to Galaxy's Edge again for more Star Wars fun. I got this popcorn that was mostly sweet with an occasional bite of spice.


 I wanted to explore Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.

 Treasure!

 Danger. Keep out? Okay.

 Another pretty waterfall.





 This island is so pretty with all of the trees.




 And another waterfall!





 Ah, what a nice way to relax on a late afternoon.



 So after we left the island, we went back to California Adventure.


 We got on the Golden Zephyr. I know I wonder every time why it is called that when the rockets are silver.

We walked around Paradise Pier a bit and did some shopping. We went on Soarin' Over California again. We decided to get some dinner at Smokejumpers Grill. I got a chicken sandwich and waffle fries. At this point my fur started to feel crispy. I knew I had too much sun exposure. (Always wear sunscreen when the heat index is six or above.)
We were all slowing down, feeling tired and ready to get back to the hotel. But since this was our last night, we went a bit more. We sat in the planter area at the end of Buena Vista Street and got some ice cream. We watched the fireworks from there. We wanted to close out our trip with one more ride, so we went on Monsters, Inc. And then it was back to the hotel.

No comments: