Thursday, June 27, 2019

Eating My Way Through the Disney Parks

I don't have to explain this picture.

But maybe you are wondering where Mr Duffy is today. He went to do his own exploring, or so he says - I think he stayed in the hotel room to do some gaming! 😂

I love waterfalls.

I spent some time in Cars Land. I went on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.



It is a spinning ride and looks tame. But it is wild!


After my wild tractor ride, I strolled down the main thoroughfare.

The weather was nice, about mid-70's, but when I was standing near the cactus plant, I felt much warmer.

Time for a fill-up!



Beautiful scenery.




Not a lot of people hanging around in California Adventure today.

The beauty of Radiator Springs.


It was a bit too early for lunch but I was ready for a snack. I went to the bar at Pixar Pier.

This was the view from my table.


I ordered this non-alcoholic juice that bubbled and smoked. So cool! (And not just because there is dry ice on the bottom.)



I also got this blended rum beverage which was a good blend of rums and juice.

And my human friend ordered a non-alcoholic tropical juice. He let me have a sip - or maybe I just took a sip without asking, I don't remember - and I liked it.



This bar is known for having the best lobster nachos, so I ordered a plate. And they were very good.

I also ordered a poke plate and I was briefly taken aback when it was presented under this dome cracker.

I filled up on appetizers and drinks. So I went to walk to let my food digest, and headed towards the Toy Story ride, Midway Mania.



This was my score, I think this was the highest I ever got on this ride.


I walked through the gift shop and saw this cute ornament which was actually a good size for my head.

Then I went into Bing Bong's shop which is so bright and colorful.




So many rainbows.

And speaking of rainbows, I got this blended icy drink that had one of every flavor, and then topped with Nerds candy. Oh my, so much sugar, even for me.

We passed by the new Inside/Out ride that was getting ready to open.




I stopped by an ice cream cart and picked up this treat. I really eat too much sugar, don't I?


I had a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers, so I headed there after I finished my ice cream.

I was in the winning car. Yay!

 So after our car ride, we went into Disneyland. And went on Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

 I only see water. Where are all the sea creatures?

 Oh, there is a creature but I don't think she lives in the water.


 It's a diver!

 And a gigantic clam.

 These clams have giant pearls in them!

 After the submarine ride, I was ready for food. But no sweets this time! So I got a turkey leg. I do like these things.


 The turkey leg stand is in Fantasyland and I could see the Matterhorn. And that made me want to ride, so I did. It seems like it gets wilder every time I go.


 After the ride, I was passing by Buzz Lightyear's ride and the line was so short so I got in. It was a walk-on. I didn't win this time, but still had fun.

 After my ride, I did some shopping on Main Street. And then fried pickles started calling to me. So I went to the Carnation Cafe.

 These are the very best fried pickles in the world. Yes, the world.

 You'll never guess what I ordered for my entree.

 After dinner, we wanted to see what Galaxy's Edge looks like at night.

 We walked around in there to pass time for fireworks. We left GE to watch the fireworks show near it's a small world. And then we went back to GE after to close the park. We walked until we were more than exhausted. I was hungry again so I tried the wrap from the roaster.

 It sounded good and looked delicious. But one bite and that was enough. It was too spicy! And I didn't want to cause a tear in my fuzzy tummy from hot spice, so I had to find something not so flavorful.


 As we walked on Main Street, I decided a hot dog would fit the bill. I looked at the different ones they had and saw they had macaroni and cheese as a topping. Oh, my. If you want to eat this, you should have your affairs in order first. If I ever get this again, I would ask to not top with bacon. To me, it was just too much. But the mac and cheese is a yummy dog topping.


Well I was trying to eat my dinner, and out of nowhere, Stitch showed up and tried to steal my dinner!

It was a very long day and I was exhausted. This was already our third day of a lot of walking and doing and it was also midnight, so it was time for bed. So we could restore ourselves and do it all again the next day.



No comments: