Thursday, May 2, 2019

Another Resort and Yummy Sushi

 Today I was going to visit the Grand Sierra Resort. I could see it from my hotel room window.


 It is the gigantic building in the center.

 Before heading over there, I went to the Purple Parrot for lunch. I wanted more salad and got more salad bar.


 I had the grilled salmon as my entree.




 After lunch, I went to the GSR. I first headed to their arcade. I had heard that it was a lot of fun, but when I went there, I was less than impressed. There were not a lot of games, and some of them were not in working order. This duck squirt gun game looked amusing, but there were no attendants.
 It was a bathroom theme, so toilets as the seats made sense.



 There was a section called Carnival but there was no one in there operating the games.


 They had skee-ball which seemed to be the best part of the arcade.


 I tried playing this crane game, but the dino mouth hot the middle and didn't even reach the prizes.
 I turned in my tickets for prizes. I didn't get much as there weren't many games. This resort is not worth leaving the hotel for, even though it was only three miles away. The website makes it sound like it has so much more than it does.
 One redeeming feature of the GSR is the Starbucks.

 I didn't have reason to stay longer, so I went back to my hotel. I decided on sushi for dinner. The first thing I ordered was the Cherry Blossom. It was tempura shrimp, spicy tuna, seared tuna, avocado, and unagi sauce.

 Then I got the California Rainbow which was surimi crab, salmon, shrimp, tuna, yellowtail, cucumber, and avocado.


 Finally, I had the Caterpillar which was unagi, surimi crab, cucumber, avocado, and unagi sauce.

The sushi was all delicious. I just wish I had room to order more!

This was my last night in Reno, so I decided to just relax in my room. I did some gaming and just enjoyed being there.

No comments: