Sunday, July 24, 2016

I Get To Be Elsa For The Day

 One of my priorities for the day was to get on Hyperspace Mountain which is the regular Space Mountain ride with a Star Wars overlay. So I got some Fastpasses so I would be able to get on.

 I got these a bit early in the day and the return time was already for early evening!

 Mr Duffy and I really went all out with our costumes. I was Elsa, of course. Mr Duffy was Olaf. We did get a lot of people admiring us.
We started our day the usual way - with a stop in the Market House for Starbucks.
 I like the way this place is decorated with turn-of-the-century antiques.

 If you pick up this phone, you can listen in on the conversation.


 We headed off to Critter Country.

 We wanted to go on the Pooh ride which is one of our favorites.




 I wanted to get into this hunny.


 Oh, goodness! Who is that? Another bear is trying to butt in on our honey date.

 Okay, that bear didn't stay long so we got to enjoy the sticky sweetness.

 And of course when we are in Critter Country we MUST go into the candy store! Look at all those yummy apples and cookies.

 My favorite: LOLLIOPS! As big as my head!

 I saw these Colonial Mickey and Minnie lovies and thought they were cute.

 I visited with my old friend Pooh.

 I like the variety of key chains they sell here.


 This little house is just outside the Pooh store.


 Ooh, make a wish!

 "I wish I could eat some fried pickles."

 I really like how green it is here with all of the foliage.

 This is at Tarzan's Treehouse which is in Adventureland.



 Wishes do come true! Fried pickles!

 We had lunch at the cafe on Main Street. We sat at a table outside and watched the people walk by. We started with fried pickles which are so good.

 I got this yummy pasta that had broccoli, shrimp, and a cream sauce. These are some of my favorite foods.

 After a big lunch, we walked around Main Street to do some shopping. Then we went back to our hotel to rest a bit. We wanted to be digested and ready to get on Hyperspace Mountain.

 We got back in the park and it was time to use our Fastpasses. The Star Wars version is so awesome! I hope they bring it back again because this is something that every Star Wars fan should get to experience.


 I love the water fountains at the end of Main Street where it meets Fantasyland.
Beautiful flowers.


 The castle at dusk sure is pretty.


Snow White's Grotto.

 Ah, another body of water to relax near. I do like the submarine lagoon.



 This wooden soldier is in Chester Drawers which is a shop on Main Street.

 This wagon of pretty flowers is in the courtyard between Chester Drawers and the Market House.


 Inside the Main Street Opera House.

 Walt's bench.






 This is an impressive model of the Capitol Building.


 A pic of the Sherman brothers.

 Captain EO!

 Bill Gates
 President Obama
 Sonya Sotomayer
 Rosa Parks
 Martin Luther King Jr
 Steven Spielberg
 Jim Henson
 Mary Blair
And... sniff sniff... Uncle Walt.

This is a wall of greatness that is inside the Main Street Opera House where Great Moments with Mr Lincoln is.

Whew, that was a long day. And I get to do it all over again tomorrow!

No comments: