Saturday, January 26, 2019

Lunar New Year, Valentine's Day, and a 90 Year Celebration

 Where did we find all of these great things to celebrate? Disneyland, of course!
Mr Duffy joined me for an impromptu weekend at our favorite place on Earth. The place where we met!

 We got up as early as we could and drove to the resort. We got on the Mickey and Friends tram and headed to Disneyland.

As soon as we entered, the Disneyland Band greeted us. They played a variety of Disney songs including the Star Wars theme (which isn't originally Disney, but people are now associating the two) and Let It Go. It was a moving performance. I may have gotten a bit teary-eyed.


 Our first stop after listening to the music is always the most important: The Market House for our Starbucks fix! They had a special Valentine's cookie. I didn't know if the bow was edible, but it was white chocolate. I guess some people would call that edible, but I won't.

 I also have a tradition of getting a "Mickey" cookie so I got one of those, too.

 Mr Duffy and I shared our iced latte and cookies. Then we were ready to ride!

 We started at Star Tours, and then went on the Matterhorn. This was closed the last three times we were there, so we went on it because we had missed it.


We did more of our usual stuff such as Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, but I didn't get pics then. I might have to fire my photographer. We did get on Peter Pan's Flight (above) and it was my first time seeing the updates.

 The Fantasyland Band was playing right near the Snow White ride.

 This was a surprisingly hot day for being January. So I felt a ride on Splash Mountain was a good idea.

This is one of my favorite rides because of the water, the big hill, the singing bears, and the giant avocado.








 We were very near the Hungry Bear Restaurant and ready for lunch.

 We tasted the special cinnamon funnel cake. It was a bit spicy but, hey, cinnamon.

 They also had this very special watermelon lemonade that had a foamy top with sprinkles. It was refreshing on such a warm day.







After our very heavy meal, we walked to California Adventure. We went on the Toy Story ride. Then we stopped by the Lunar New Year area to sample some of their tasty foods.



 We got these delicious mango pastries.

These garlic noodles were SO GOOD. And the veggie egg roll was also amazing. If I had more time, I would have tried one of everything.

We spent a bit more time in the park, then wanted to get some dinner in Downtown Disney. We settled on Naples because we like pasta.


  I got the garlic pasta with clams. It was SO GOOD. The waitress offered me a baby's high chair and I thought that was so funny.




 After dinner, I wanted to stop in Marceline's candy shop for some treats.


 Look at those amazing apples!



 I picked up a cookie, a cake pop, and some English toffee. YUMMY! We headed back home so we could get up early and do this again the next day.












No comments: