Friday, July 29, 2016

I Found Nemo



 Today was to be my last day in Disneyland. So I wanted to spend it in Walt's park.

Mr Duffy and I matched our outfits today. Finding Dory was the latest Pixar movie, so Mr Duffy went as Nemo and I went as Dory.

 We started our day the same way we start every Disney day: at Starbucks! We need that caffeine to keep us going from morning until night.

 Of course the adrenaline and excitement alone are enough to keep us going. But adrenaline doesn't taste like a frappuccino.

 We took our time sipping our iced caramel macchiato and we smelled the flowers in the courtyard.


 Look how pretty it is. And empty!



 There were so many different flowers on display, it was lovely.

 There is that majestic Matterhorn mountain.

 We thought this was a great time to snap a pic when there were no people in the background.

 The White Rabbit!

 What time is it? Time to head to ToonTown!

 But not before getting a few more Alice-themed pics in.



 And here we are, going to spend some time in ToonTown.

 This is the Jolly Trolley.


 We can't reach the pedals!


 I wonder if those watermelons are ripe. That juice would taste lovely on this hot day.



 Hm, looks like this building is falling apart.


 If I sit on these rockets, will they blast me to the moon like in the cartoons?

 Lollipops!


 I like these Tsum Tsums, but I don't want to start another collection. So I just admire them whenever I go to Disneyland. But I would so happily buy a Winter Soldier one, if I can find one!



 We went inside Mickey's house to do some exploring.




 I love this cute little chair.




 You can sit here and listen to Mickey's friends leave messages on his answering machine.


 Another fun chair!


 Mr Duffy and I climbed up into Pluto's dog bed.

 These are the brooms that do all the work for you. Just don't let them use too much water!



 That's a giant bone.



 Oh my goodness, the size of these potatoes! I would love to make fries from these.


Fun birthday balloons!

 I didn't get stuck by this cactus.


 Why do those chickens look so surprised?



 Outfits that belong to Mickey and Minnie.






 In Mickey's garage.




 Mickey's car was parked in his driveway so we got in for a quick pic.




 I walked around Donald's boat to enjoy the waterfall and listen to the sound of it pouring down.




 We spent a lot of time in ToonTown. It was time to visit other areas of the park.


 We stopped for lunch at the Carnation Plaza. I had salmon with corn and rice. Some of my very favorite foods!


 We went to Tomorrowland because we wanted to get some pictures in and around Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage.


 For those who have claustrophobia or are otherwise unable to ride in the actual submarines, there is a special control room where people can experience the Nemo ride. You get to see everything you would see if you were in the ride, and get the whole narration. And it is usually empty so it tends to be private.



 And here we were, getting in to character.






We were looking at the gulls who say, "Mine! Mine!"




After leaving the submarine, we went back through Fantasyland.

 I hope Monstro doesn't eat fish. Or bears!





 We tried on hats in the Mad Hatter, and even got to sit at this adorable tea party.





 After that, we went on the Alice in Wonderland ride.


 We stopped to share a bag of Disneyland toffee.

 We also shared a Coke Zero as we headed to California Adventure.

Our first stop was the Toy Story ride.




We took it easy after that as we had a long day. And it was our last day. Or so we thought...

No comments: