Saturday, March 9, 2019

Half Moon Bay

 
 I was in Half Moon Bay for a conference. I thought it would be nice to make a nice weekend so I stayed in a hotel.
I had an ocean view room. This bay window was in my room and even though the marina was across the highway, I could still see it.

This fancy couch was in my room. I didn't check to see if it opened into a bed. There was plenty of floor space for it.

 I had a giant bed that I could roll around in. There was only a sheet and a very thin blanket. They did have an extra in the closet but it still wasn't enough.

 I was happy to find that each room includes a microwave and a refrigerator.

 This bay window is in the front. It has a nice place to sit to watch the sun set.




 This is the bathroom. The shower was so modern that it took a bit of time to figure out how to operate it.


 This was quite impressive - a fireplace! With the heat it gave off, I didn't need any extra blankets.


 I was ready for a late lunch so I drove down the highway to Sam's Chowder House. Luckily I got a window seat so I could see the people on the beach and watch the waves. That is very relaxing.



 They have plenty of outdoor seating on their deck, but it was cold and windy and had been raining, so they didn't have anyone out there.

 This is from the same place I was sitting, just the view on the other side.



 The cold and gray day made me want a warm beverage. I ordered a soy latte and they gave me this brown sugar cube. It was all soothing and delicious.


 I wanted to get their veggie burger but the waitress told me it was made with cheese. She suggested the Manhattan Clam Chowder because it is made with tomato sauce and not milk. And it was SO GOOD.


 I sprinkled some oyster crackers on for some crunch.

 I saw this guy hanging out in their lobby.



 After my lunch, I walked down to the beach to just take in the atmosphere for a bit.



 It was so empty because of the weather.





 I climbed onto this small pile of big rocks.


 This bird was brave for splashing in the water.






I was getting cold and was ready to rest for a bit. I did go for a drive in my warm car, then when I got back to the area, I was ready for dinner.

 I always enjoy Chinese food, and this restaurant happened to be open. It was right on Highway 1. I ordered this spicy tofu broccoli dish and it was fantastic.

 And I love LOVE noodles so of course I just had to have some veggie chow fun.

 And I can never have too many vegetables, so I ordered this plate of super yummy greens.

 Dinner was so good that I was absolutely stuffed at the end.

 I opened my fortune cookie and it said Determination is what you need now. For what?



I left the restaurant and then settled into my hotel for the night. The fog horn was blowing and it was a relaxing sound. I lit up the fireplace and kicked back. Good night!

No comments: