Friday, October 14, 2016

Cropping in Milpitas

 This was a last-minute crop for me. A spot opened up and the organizer asked me if I wanted to take her place. I said that sure I would! So I gathered my supplies, put them in my car, stuck them on this luggage rack, and set up for the weekend.

 I thought it was kind of funny that I took a picture of myself, scrapbooking a picture of myself, while I was scrapbooking.

 Scrap-ception!

 The first day went by quickly. I went to bed late and got up early. I munched on a few donuts then got ready for the day.

 This goodie bag was left at my chair. There were some tasty treats in it.

 I wanted to explore the hotel. Sometimes I get so involved in the creative process that I don't stop and explore where I am and actually build memories from the event - which is why I am even scrapbooking at all!

 This chair was near an elevator bank. It was very wide, even for a teddy.

 Ah, this is a welcome sight any place.

 Nice relaxing soft chairs to kick back in.

 I went for a brief ride on the luggage rack in front of the hotel.

 There was a little pond out front. I love water features.

 Sadly, no koi lived there.


 There was a cute little waterfall.

 There were some pretty flowers on the property.

 This was my hotel, the Beverly Heritage.


There is a lot of nice landscaping at this hotel.


 I checked out the pool area but I had no plans of going in.



 They have nice lounge chairs on their pool deck.



 This was my bed. Simple but welcoming.

 There was this giant TV but I rarely have time to watch TV when I'm on these retreats. I spend most of my time in the crop room.



 These rooms do not have mini fridges or microwaves. I had to keep my food on ice all weekend.

 After another long day of crafting, I was ready to pass out.

 More donuts!


I don't know if I can get out of bed! But this is my last day so I have to pack and check out. I have another crop coming up next month. My favorite one, in Carmel!

No comments: