Monday, March 11, 2019

Captain Marvel

 Ah, the first Marvel movie of the year. I didn't have any information about this character until just a few years ago. A friend gave me a graphic novel about the Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel. I know that 'Captain Marvel' has a history of being different people, and that the person who is currently Captain Marvel has had a couple of different identities. Confused yet? I might be.

 One thing in the movie that is different from the book is this cute little fuzzy critter. In the comics, the cat is named Chewie. In the movie, her name is Goose. And she is definitely my favorite part of the movie.


I really enjoyed the Captain Marvel movie. It did have a bit of a slow start, but it picked up and just got better by the minute. I loved the soundtrack, but I was disappointed that while the main character spent the majority of the movie wearing a Nine Inch Nails shirt, they did not actually have a song in the movie!

I recommend that all lovies go see this movie. There is a lot of action, a bit of comedy, and it sets us up for the grand finale: Avengers Endgame.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, what are you waiting for? And if you have already seen it, go again! And either way, read this spoiler-free review of the movie. Higher, further, faster!

No comments: