Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Frozen on Broadway

 I headed towards Times Square because I had tickets for a Broadway show. I knew there was a big Disney Store there, so I stopped in. I didn't have a lot of time to look around, but I did stop to look at the exclusive NY themed souvenirs they had.








 I wanted to grab a quick bite before the show because I didn't want my stomach to rumble while I was watching. I found a soup cart that payed homage to what is probably the most famous episode of Seinfeld. And then the bizarre yet funny thing is, that very episode was on TV later that night!


 I ate an Italian wedding soup which has tasty meatballs and a delicious broth. It was a good snack as a very faint, light dusting of snowflakes began to fall. But they dissolved before they landed, so I can't really call that officially snowing. I want to see giant flakes falling quickly, quieting the world and blanketing the ground so I can build a snowman.

 And speaking of building a snowman...

 I went to see Frozen on Broadway! This was a spectacular show and I was so happy to be able to see it. I had been wanting to see it ever since they announced it over three years ago. It was definitely a dream come true and the best show to be the first I would see on Broadway.



 Photography was allowed at curtain call, so I grabbed whatever photos I could. I am actually glad they don't allow any recording at all, it would be a nuisance to see the glow from someone's camera or phone, and it would also take away from the enjoyment of being in the moment if you saw it through a lens and not face to face.


 This cast was fantastic, the costumes were beautiful, and the scenery and effects were unbelievable. And this way I did get to see at least some snow!








No comments: