Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Coronado

 After leaving Belmont Park, we went for a drive over the Coronado Bridge to the island of Coronado. This is a beautiful place with lots of big houses. There are stunning views of San Diego from across the bay.

Here is part of San Diego in the background. It is so much more grand to see in person.

 I got a latte from the coffee stand near the harbor. It warmed me on the cooling night.

 I love these water features, as you know. I enjoy the sound of the water falling.



 There are birds of paradise growing in this area.

 Another great view of San Diego.








 If you don't want to drive across the bridge between San Diego and Coronado, you can ride the ferry.




 If I had more time, I would have taken a walk around the area. But it was getting cold, and I had pies to bake.

In a place that should have been packed with tourists, it was calm and there were very few people, which made visiting enjoyable. I think all the people who were buying turkeys earlier in the day were home now, starting their holiday cooking.

No comments: