Saturday, November 17, 2018

Thanksgiving Party at Home

 This year, I am lucky enough to have two Thanksgivings. I hosted one at home; the other, I will be traveling to later in the week.
I made this charcuterie tray which was a big hit.

 It took a lot of strength to not snack while I prepared it. Okay, well, maybe I did munch a nibble or two.


 This appetizer tower had veggies on top and crackers in the middle and bottom bowls.

 Mmm, shrimp cocktail.


 After all of that food preparation, I had a break with champagne and cheese and crackers. I was celebrating family and was thankful for so much.

 And for the actual dinner: chicken and not turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, bread, and cranberry sauce that kept the shape of the can. Gotta have the can shaped stuff!



 For dessert, I made a couple different cookies. One was a pre-made turkey that I bought at the store. The other is my very popular peanut butter cup cookies.

 I also made a tray up of store bought cookies like Oreos and Pepperidge Farm, and I added chocolates, too. So good!


I am thankful for a lot. I live in a beautiful building that feels like a resort. I have been able to travel a lot this year. There are great humans in my life. Most importantly, I am thankful for my human's boyfriend. He is so sweet and genuine and a great man and he makes us all happy. Anyone would be lucky to have him in their life.


1 comment:

CECtheRonin said...

I'm thankful for you too, Califia! You're a lovely bear.