Saturday, October 13, 2018

Rainy Day in Disneyland

The storm that rolled in last night didn't stop! The thunder and lightning subsided around midnight, but the rain came down throughout Saturday.



 Luckily, I brought my poncho with me. I brought it in case I was going to go on a water ride. I am so glad I thought of that!


 Those clouds weren't just teasing, they meant business.

 I stayed dry in this poncho.

 The entrance to Disneyland is so amazing with all of the pumpkins.






First stop was at the Market House for a hot pumpkin spice latte.
 This was good for warming me up on the inside. I was feeling a bit cold.


 They had their traditional Halloween cookies. Bat Mickey and an orange shortbread.


 I wanted to go to Star Wars Launch Bay. I knew it would be warm and dry in there.

 I got to meet Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett.

 One thing that was a must do this weekend was to get a Pineapple Whip from the Tiki Room stand.



 I went on Storybookland. I like how relaxing this ride is, and the miniature houses and plants are so cute!


 This is a miniature compared to how big blue whales actually get!

 They could rename this place Storybrooke as a nod to  Once Upon a Time.






 The Casey Junior Circus Train is passing in the back.


 That is a statue of Peter Pan.

 This is Jasmine's palace.








 It is Arrendelle, where everything is frozen!



 After my journey around Storybookland, I went across to California Adventure.


 It's the Headless Horseman!

 There was a celebration of Coco. I was photobombed by a very handsome human.



 There were tables set up in the plaza area where people were invited to color these alebrije masks.


 This is a very popular attraction. Many fans on social media are asking Disney to please make it permanent. People love Coco!


I walked around a bit more and then went on the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, which has a special Halloween overlay. While waiting in line, I saw the walls up around the future Marvel Land. I was amused that it was Stark Industries!

This was a short trip but so much fun and full of magic. One fantastic surprise was when I was waiting for the fireworks show, and they announced they were going to show the special Halloween presentation. I was a bit bummed at first because I love the one that was originally scheduled. But this Halloween one was amazing and I am glad I got to see it!


No comments: