Sunday, August 19, 2018

Jelly Belly

 It had been a while since I last visited the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield. My humans had been having a rough couple of weeks and I knew suggesting a long drive to a place full of candy would be just what the teddy ordered.

 I was surprised at how empty the place was, considering it is a free attraction. But I guess because the factory itself doesn't run on the weekends, it makes it less exciting for visitors.

 When we walked in, they were starting a self-guided tour right at that moment, so we headed upstairs and started our candy tour.

 There is a wall where they have photos of many of their jelly bean flavors. I thought the Birthday Cake Remix flavor sounded good.

 I am not brave enough to taste the Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. I don't care to taste ear wax or sardine. But I do want to try all of the new Harry Potter chocolate candies they have coming out soon. I want a chocolate wand!


 This is one of the first rooms in the factory. When I last visited six or so years ago, photography was not allowed in the factory part of the tour. But I think in the modern world of selfies and free publicity, not only are photos allowed, but they also have designated "selfie spots" throughout the place.

 This picture of the Statue of Liberty is made out of jelly beans.

 More jelly bean artwork.



 The smell station is new since my last visit. They have these pipes that you take a whiff. And you can guess what the flavor is.



 More framed jelly bean portraits hang in the factory.



 Buttered popcorn is one of Jelly Belly's top sellers. I don't know why, personally I think it is not good. To me, they smell like my human's shoes.


 I was amused by the name of this machine.

 All of those trays are full of beans. Let me at em!!!









 More trays full of beans!




 Wow, which flavor is this?

 Okay, here is some candy that does not taste like barf.

 Gummy bears!!!








 At the end of the tour, we were given a package of regular flavored beans and small boxes of Beanboozled. I gave that one away, no way was I going to risk eating a stink bug.


 There were some Star Wars Jelly Belly portraits.


 I wish these gigantic beans were real. How long would it take me to get through one of them?



 Aw, this one is so cute!

 It's a self-portrait.









 After walking around a bit, it was time for lunch. A lot of the food in the cafe is shaped like Jelly Belly candies. I had some pepperoni pizza.


 In the gift shop, they have a tasting station. You can sample any of their flavors, including the yucky flavors. No one wanted to taste the fart.


 I was super excited to see they had Build-A-Bear Workshop bears made exclusively for their factory.

 Wall of flavor.


 I liked these pillows.



 After finishing up at Jelly Belly, we went to the Nut Tree for a rest. They have mostly shops and restaurants there, but they also have a couple of small rides.

 I went on the cute little train ride.

 It was really hot and I wanted something sweet. We went to Fenton's Creamery for ice cream. I got butter brickle and it was so refreshing.





After leaving the Nut Tree, it was a bit early for dinner, so we stopped at Barnes & Noble. I did pick up some new books and games.

 We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. The wait was very long since it is a delicious restaurant. Luckily some seats at the bar opened up and we were seated quickly. This place is very busy and I think it is because of these yummy dinner rolls that are served with cinnamon honey butter.


One quirk they have here is there are buckets of peanuts at every table. People crack them open, take out the peanut, then toss the shells on the floor. This is not a good place for those with peanut allergies.

This was a great day full of lots of treats. I do want to hurry back to the restaurant for sure. If you like barbecue type of food, check it out!

No comments: