Sunday, July 22, 2018

Balboa Park

On my last day in San Diego, I went back to Balboa Park. I didn't have enough time to visit all of the museums or to even walk the grounds much. After all of the walking and activity from the previous week, I was ready to take it easy.


 This fountain would have been much nicer if there was water in it.

 Quack quack quack!

 These ducks were relaxing at the koi pond.


 I decided the place to visit was the Botanical Building and Lily Pond. As of now, this exhibit doesn't have an admission fee. It is smaller than other gardens I have visited, but is still a nice place to get some shade and to enjoy a variety of plants.


 The trees provide a bit of shade.



 Nice colors accented the mostly green shrubs.

 This is a small palm tree.




 These flowers look a bit like the flower on my top.

 This flower looked a bit suspiciously like a demogorgon.



 There were some waterfall areas inside the garden, but there wasn't any cascading water.





 In the scent garden, guests are welcome to rub their fingers on bits of the plants and then smell the scent on their fingers. There were several fragrances to experience.


 This leaf looked a bit like a heart.



 I did find a small pond inside and was excited. I do enjoy the water.



 After exploring the whole garden, I walked around just outside and ran into some statues.



 This one was really neat as it was vines of grapes growing up the column.




 When I was making my way back to my ride, I saw there was a small turtle exhibit in one of the rooms, so I stopped inside to see them.





 I think this turtle was drinking Pepsi.




 This is a beautiful fountain surrounded by flowers. I would love to have a big water feature in my dream home.



 Look what I found! A street named for Bears! What a treat!


 I left the park, and went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. I had edamame, yummy salad with some green noodles, miso soup, shrimp and vegetable tempura, and a few different pieces of sushi. It was delicious!


My week in San Diego was amazing. I didn't even see a quarter of all there is to see. I want to explore the Gaslamp district, the world famous zoo, Coronado Island, Belmont Park, the big ships, and so much more. I can't wait to go back!


No comments: