Tuesday, July 17, 2018

LEGOLAND, Part Two

My next stop was at the section where they had replicas of big US cities. I really liked the Las Vegas section. It made me want to travel to the real one.

 It's the famous Las Vegas sign


 The Luxor is a giant landmark on the Vegas strip.

 Here is the Excalibur hotel. I like that it is a castle.

 The Tropicana is one of the earlier established Vegas hotels.

 Here is another view of the Excalibur. I like the colored accents.

 This is the New York hotel. I like that Statue of Liberty.

 Here is the MGM Grand. They used to have a real lion in their lobby. I don't think they do anymore.

 They have a France themed hotel on the strip with a replica of the Eiffel Tower.


 This is the Mirage which is famous for its fountains and water shows.




 Treasure Island is probably my favorite of the hotels because it is themed to pirates. They have a pirate ship docked in their bay!

I would love to stay at the Treasure Island hotel when I go to Las Vegas. I would also like to stay at the Excalibur because of the Arthur theme, and it is a castle. But, pirates.

 Next, we move onto New Orleans.

 I like the styles of the old Louisiana mansions.



 Here is the French Quarter.

 There is a little trolley driving tourists around the Mardi Gras town.


 Here is a Mardi Gras parade float.

 They even have steamboats docked in their river.



 I think this is the Chicago area but I could be mistaken.





I loved seeing this bookmobile.

 The New York section is impressive with all of the details.







 They did a fantastic job recreating San Francisco.




 Alamo Square, where the famous Painted Ladies (Victorian homes) are.


 Pier 39, this looks exactly like the real thing.
 They even put in the carousel that is at Pier 39. Incredible!

 Lombard Street, the crookedest street in the world!




The Golden Gate Bridge. I love the Bay Area, and the Legoland version of it!

There was a lot to see in the US section, I am sure I missed some great details. I will have to go back!

No comments: