Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

And finally the day came and I got to go to Universal Studios! This was my first time at the park.

The first thing my humans and I did was head straight for the Harry Potter area. The greeter saw us in our Slytherin clothes and asked us to not practice dark magic while we were there. We went straight for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Well there was a small problem because they do not allow bears to ride. So I had to spend fifteen minutes stuffed into a locker with my human's backpack and her boyfriend's jacket. It wasn't so bad because my human had candy in her bag I could munch on. After they got out of the ride, we looked around the giant store that was all Harry Potter stuff. It was very exciting.



 Next we headed to Three Broomsticks for a delicious, giant lunch. For a theme park, the prices are reasonable and they give big portions.


 I got a frozen Butterbeer. It was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. I am glad I live as far away as I do, otherwise I would be drinking this all the time.


 I had the ribs that came with corn and potatoes. Good stuff.




 And... Hogwarts! It is beautiful! And it stayed overcast all day which really added to the feeling of being at the real Hogwarts.

 I wore my Death Eater shirt and had a Slytherin scarf. Am I really that evil? Well, if you call swiping my human's coffee and evil deed, then evil I am.




Look at this extremely handsome human in Madame Malkin's robe shop. He's a Slytherin, too!


 So, Pumpkin Juice. I didn't think I would like it. I opened the bottle and sniffed it. I was a bit hesitant but I thought I would taste it anyway. I LOVED it! And the bottles are really awesome.




 More of Hogsmeade.



 And the thing I was most looking forward to... Honeyduke's!!! They had so many candies and sweets. It was very colorful in there and they had some interesting things like chocolate frogs and jelly beans of every flavor. And I mean, every flavor.


 After a Pumpkin Juice break, we got in line for Flight of the Hippogriff. Now this was a ride I was able to go on! It was a tame ride, a quick small coaster.
 As much as I wanted to stay in the Harry Potter area, there were other parts of the park to explore.



 We went on the studio tram tour where we got to see sets and props in the backlot. One of the things we got to see was the building with the clock tower in Back to the Future.


 We passed by a variety of famous cars.







 A dinosaur demolished this truck from Jurassic Park.



 The tour guide talked about how they can get rain to show on camera.


 I got just a little wet.


 We passed by this candy and I wanted to jump out to eat it.


 The tram car was full. I had an outer seat.



After the tram ride, we visited the Simpsons area.

 There I had a Squishee...


 ...and a churro.



 There is an England section and I found a phone booth.



 There is Baker Street! There is a 221B but I didn't get a pic of it.


 This is a truck from O Brother, Where Art Thou?







 Minions!


 E. T.

 By this time, we were all exhausted and ready for dinner. We left the park and went to Bubba Gump's in City Walk.




The garlic butter shrimp is so yummy. And their garlic bread is also delicious.

After dinner, we were ready to leave. We had picked up two donuts from the Simpsons donut stand. They are bigger than my head! We got a classic pink and a chocolate frosted and they were both delicious.



I had a great time at Universal and didn't get to see everything. And I didn't get around to actually shopping in the Harry Potter stores, other than an interactive wand. So that means I will have to get back there again very soon.

All was well.


No comments: