Sunday, March 6, 2016

Weekend in Carmel

 Carmel is one of my favorite places to go for a relaxing weekend. I stayed at the Carmel Mission Inn where I met this lovely cow.



 This rock wall is very soothing. There is water running down the whole thing, and it is nice to sit there and listen to it. But it gets too warm sitting in the sun after a while.


 They have pretty flowers in planters there. These yellow and white ones attracted a few small flying things.


 In the back of the hotel, they have this wall of rocks that bears can climb. I climbed up a few then sat for a break.


 After I climbed down from the rocks, I found this bench. But I didn't sit for long, just long enough to have my picture taken.


 Next to the hotel is a shopping and dining center called The Barnyard. I looked around and didn't find any barn animals. No chickens or pigs or goats or anything like that.


 This was my favorite shop. Of course, because it is a candy store! And they specialize in chocolate. Yummy!


I didn't see barn animals but I did meet this bear. That was strange, but not that much because they were in the candy store, too. Us bears like our sweet treats.


 Okay, even more bears? This is kind of strange. We are on the coast, at a barnyard. Not in the mountains or a bear sanctuary.


After exploring the area, I sat back on the bench and enjoyed taffy and chocolate fudge. Good stuff.

I did some other things this weekend, too, like crafting and relaxing in the hotel and watching movies. Even bears need a vacation.

No comments: