Saturday, November 15, 2014

Disneyland Marvel runDisney - Day 3. Race Day!

It was a 4:00 AM wake up and then about a mile walk to the start corral. When the race began at 5:15, it was still dark. There were a lot of Avengers touches throughout the course. This was on the side of the hill in Radiator Springs.

Here we are running through Cars Land.

This is backstage at Disneyland.

Finish Line!

I didn't get photos of all the mile markers. But they were all very festive.

After my long run, I treated myself to the best gingerbread I have ever tasted, at the Starbucks on Main Street.

And a shortbread, frosted cookie. Well I was going to complete 13.1 miles by the end of the day. A half marathon, so why not two cookies?

I just needed a little rest, so I plopped down on Main Street for a minute to rest my feet.

One perk of staying at the Disneyland Hotel is having the Monorail right there to pick you up and drop you off inside Disneyland.

I asked the captain and she said that I could ride in the front! To see it's a small world all lit up as we rode into the park was magical.

Poinsettias in front of the Disneyland Hotel

This Mickey statue is there to greet Guests of the Disneyland Hotel.

And here is Minnie! This was a short vacation, only two days in the parks and a fun run, but it was a much needed vacation. I love Disneyland and being there makes me happy. No matter what is happening in my life, if I am sad or sick, this is the place I can smile and cry happy tears. And being in Disneyland at Christmas is the best thing ever.

No comments: