Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas in the Park

Christmas in the Park is a sort of holiday museum in San Jose. Organizations from the area sponsor trees and they decorate them and put them on display. There are hundreds of trees to admire. There are also cute vignettes to look at, festive scenes of animals getting ready for the holidays.

One of the many vignettes decorating Christmas in the Park


I especially love seeing the costumed animals.

Park ranger nutcracker

This ornament is huge!

I'm not the only bear there.

Bears! I love seeing them.

That is a train ride that you can actually ride. There are a few small carnival rides like a Ferris wheel and rides that spin.


Only two days until Christmas!!!

I was hoping this meant the road was made of candy canes. Alas, it wasn't.


This makes me think of the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

And there is a Frozen tree. Of course there HAD to be a Frozen tree.





Nightmare Before Christmas

Another Frozen tree. It's Olaf!



It's so pretty!

I love rainbows.

Oh, it's a teddy bear tree! It is perfect!!!

Oh, it was just a prop. No real presents here.


More bears!



I would love to have this bear and I would decorate my front lawn with it.



This was neat as it had a running fountain. I do love water features.


Another bear! Yeah!

More bears!!! I love this place.

Aw, it reminds me of the little bear cub in the Country Bear Jamboree.


I really like the color scheme on this tree. It puts me in mind of the ocean.

Christmas in the Park is fun both during the day and at night. At night, all the trees are lit up so you can see how pretty everything is with the lights. It really looks like Christmas. But during the day there aren't as many people so you can see the trees a bit better and you don't have to worry about getting lost. Santa Claus is there for photos, and they have food and souvenir vendors. I hear they have very good hot chocolate, but with my milk allergy I am unable to try it. But there are a few Starbucks stores in the downtown area, so I can always get a soy chocolate. Parking is easy as there are a few garages just a block or two away, and they are very affordable. The light rail also has a stop at the edge of the park. It's a fun place to spend two hours during the busy holiday season. There is also an outdoor ice rink there and a few museums. Lots to do!

No comments: