Thursday, May 1, 2014

Amazing Spider-Man 2

A spolier-free review!
Amazing Spider-Man 2 was, well, amazing! I went in without any expectations and was able to enjoy it more because of that. I don't like to pre-judge because that can really affect my perspective. When I go to a movie, I go wanting to be entertained. I don't want to pick apart every scene, every detail. Marvel stories are great, and Spider-Man is an iconic character. I saw the first trilogy that starred Tobey Maguire and I only thought it was amusing. It didn't keep me from giving this series a try. I liked the first one, and I liked this one.
This movie had a great mix of action, comedy, and drama. The casting was great with good jokes and nice moments. Andrew and Emma have great on-screen chemistry. Sally Field was a good casting choice for Aunt May. I really liked Electro. He was a sympathetic villain. I liked his character and thought Jamie Foxx did a great job.
There were some intense scenes, and some cubs may become scared with some of the action. Some of the things that happened were necessary to advance the story. The music was great. Great job, cast and crew!

No comments: