Sunday, April 12, 2009

Monterey Bay Aquarium

I enjoy visiting aquariums. There is a great one in Monterey. The bay is beautiful, the sun is often shining, and the atmosphere is relaxing. This is one of the better aquariums I have visited. There are some great exhibits for children, or in my case, teddy bears.
I alked around for a couple of hours and I as ready for a lunch break. Their cafe had shrimp salads, tuna sandwiches, and filets of fish. Am I the only one who thinks this is morbid? I mean, here they are, showing off these beautiful creatures and talking about preserving the ocean and animals, and they go and SERVE them? It just seems so bizarre. Like, "Ooh, look at that fish, it's so pretty. Now I'm craving a tuna sandwich." I don't know. I had a grilled vegetable sandwich.

No comments: