Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Slump


I have post-vacation blues. Maybe it's because my ten days were so full of places to go and things to do. Maybe I feel like I don't have anywhere else to go. Luckily summer isn't yet half over so I still have plenty of time to experience the outdoors.

I thought maybe a small way to transition from no activity to something would be to go somewhere close enough that I could listen to only one CD on my drive, but far away enough where the sights aren't completely familiar.

Felton sounded like a good idea at the time. Maybe the town's name would cheer me up, but it only reminded me that Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie is still four months away.

At least this time I found the historical marker. Only about 900 left to go!

While I was in Scott's Valley I stopped at Surf City Coffee for a blended drink. I quite enjoy Santa Cruz and the area, but I must stress that Huntington Beach is Surf City.


After I had a Cowabunga I felt a bit better. Now I need to hit the travel books and plan my next great adventure.

1 comment:

Bart Bear said...

G'day Califia

The Oldies say that the only thing to do when you get back from one vacation is to start planning the next one. We are just back from Fiji and guess what we are planning for next year? Right across Australia by train from Sydney to Perth on the Indian-Pacific. I have talked the Oldies into going top class for this one and we will have our very own really big compartment with TV and everything. Not that I expect Scruffy and I to watch much telly with the Australian desert going past the window. Gotta keep travelling.

Bart